News From Farming Simulator 19 E3 demo
A huge thanks to u/lisertan and Martin for taking the time to show us the game and answer questions. You guys are awesome.
These are some of the things they showed and talked about in the demo:
– PBR (physically based rendering) is being used
– There is a depth of field effect to blur distant objects a bit
– Voxel based clouds with dynamic weather (we only saw sunny mid-day)
– Birds have been added and sometimes follow your seeder. This is an immersive addition and doesn’t actually affect gameplay.
– Crops now react to machines when you drive over them with things like weeders. It looked like textures were being warped rather than individual stocks modelled.
– The user interface has been redesigned. It’s much like the current one, but with more transparent HUD windows and updated menus.
– The dog was confirmed, but not shown.
– Cotton and oats are the two new crop types.
– Time warp now goes up to 2000X instead of the 120X limit [this was only in the dev version apparently]
– The shop now has 3D previews of machinery. You can change the configuration and see what it will look like. You can also move the camera and zoom.
– The interiors of machines have new animations. Your character will manipulate the steering wheel, gas & brake pedals as you drive. This can be seen from outside the machines as well. The seats on the tractor they showed also had an animated suspension.
– Weed control is now a separate system in the game. Weeds are visible and get pulled out by the weeder rather than the weeder just adding to the fertilization level.
– Forestry is still in the game. The crane controls on the scorpion king have been changed to easier.
– Crop destruction is part of the base game now instead of a mod.
– Horses in the game will be rideable. It also sounds like they won’t all be the same and there will be a cap on how many you can have.
– Looks like the 2000X was just in the development version of the game (thanks u/Rahkiin_RM)
– I forgot to ask if the framerate will still be locked.